Bachelors of Science: California State University of Dominguez Hills
Teaching Credentials: California State University of Dominguez Hills
I believe that all students are capable of learning. It is true that some student learn at a faster rate than others,
but the major fact is that ALL STUDENTS are capable of learning. Teaching methods learned from credential programs are
needed to help students grow at an optimal rate. One concept is the zone of proximal development
where the rigor of the topic at hand is just right, meaning it is not too hard or not too easy. Scaffolding is another method
to make sure students are not overwhelmed with the information delivered and are given a higher success rate to the task at hand.
I will provide temporary support to help students reach higher levels of comprehension and skill acquisition that they would not be
able to achieve without assistance.
Respect is needed for a proper learning environment.
Students will need to follow the general rules of respect for self, respect for others and respect for our school to achieve proper learning environment.
Respect for Self:
1. I will be determined to work hard, focus, and try my best.
2. I will be responsible for my work, my effort, and myself.
3. I will think before acting and speaking.
4. I will positively participate in class activities.
5. I will bring all my supplies and materials because being prepared for class is essential to my success.
Respect for Others:
1. I will be inclusive and considerate of others. We can accomplish this more as a team.
2. I will respect others’ differences and opinions.
3. I will do my best to follow directions.
4. I will stay on task without disturbing or disrupting others.
5. I will call people by their proper names.
Respect for the School
1. I will enter and exit the classroom quietly looking for our Do Now’s or Warm-Ups.
2. I will strive to complete all assignments on time – both classwork and homework.
3. I will actively listen by tracking the speaker or taking notes.
4. I will follow our discussion rules and add on-task comments and questions.
5. I will keep the classrooms, hallways, lockers, lunch area, and playground safe and clean.
I desire to travel.
I like to playing basketball, going to the gym, and hiking.
I like exploring new types of food from many different cultures.