Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a Community of Faith in which school and parents join together in the formation and education of each child to achieve a balance of faith, character, and academic excellence.
We, the Faith Community of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, are committed to Jesus Christ, and therefore called by Him to minister in love to others. We strive to provide a curriculum infused with a spirituality which nurtures openness, growth, the ability to adapt to change, and a gentleness and respect toward all God’s creation.
We challenge one another to be globally aware people and peacemakers who accept the poor of this world with a hospitality mirroring Gospel values.
We celebrate our diversity in an atmosphere of love and respect, where students esteem the dignity of their person and the value of all people and cultures.
(Student Learning Expectations)
Children of Faith and Morality
- Living the Gospel through prayer
- Respecting all of God's creation through actions
- Demonstrating values and virtues which exemplify our Catholic identity
Children of Citizenship and Community
- Living as model citizens: knowledgeable and accountable
- Demonstrating exemplary social behavior
- Serving others in our community
Children as Critical Thinkers
- Developing higher order thinking skills
- Practicing conflict resolution skills
- Connecting these skills and strategies to real life experiences.
Children Practicing Good Communication
- Thinking before you speak
- Listening attentively
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiently
- Using technology competently and ethically
Children as Lifelong Learners
- Becoming independent learners who strive to reach their full potential
- Making informed decisions
- Continuing to practice their faith into adulthood